Couple of updates this week. Firstly, this weeks meeting is canceled. Since we are waiting for chemicals for the stopping and propulsion teams, Chris and I figured that it would be best to let the other teams schedule lab times to get started with their mechanisms. Next week we will hopefully have our first round of data!
Regarding lab times, remember that senior lab is scheduled M-F from 1-6pm. Chris and I will also try our best to attend scheduled lab times, so make sure to let us know in the group chats! I’ll be contacting individual teams with updates on chemicals and materials.
Hope everybody had a great start to their week! Just as a reminder make sure to have a couple of slides (3 at most per team) to present for this weeks meeting about a potential mechanism to try out (for experimental teams) or a procedure/plan to collect data (for the aluminum air/ iodine clock teams). Chris and I are hoping that we can get started with actual lab work next week.
We also have a google drive folder on the links tab that will contain all of our data, reports, slides and media. It also contains previous years data so we have a resource we can look back to.
You can add your slides to the corresponding folder for your team! Let me know if you have any questions or concerns.
Team assignments are on this google sheet:
Your team leader will contact you to start brainstorming/planning for your mechanism after this week’s meeting.
Congratulations to the team on an amazing presentation at Design Day today! You should all be very proud of your achievement. It was a great run!
I hope you all had an opporutnity to feel the excitement of presenting at Design Day!
Please be on the lookout for a message Chris and Daniel will be sending later tomorrow!
We tested the car today in Senior Lab (since the Great Hall was taken) and everything worked. Daniel, Harsh, Luis, and I are going to test in the Great Hall tomorrow morning at 8 AM. Anyone is welcome to join.
Reminder that Design Day is tomorrow.
If you are helping with the poster session, show up at the Great Hall by 1:30 PM and help Daniel present the poster. If not, come to Senior Lab at 2:00 PM to prepare the car. Thanks!
The car worked! We tested the car yesterday afternoon and the new belt is working like a charm. Although at first the car was not running properly, after changing the cables to simply alligator clips, the car runs more reliably. For design day we will be using the same alligator clips. Chris will be in charge of jump starting the motor and the rest of the team keeps doing what they have been doing.
It is very important we test tomorrow at the Great Hall a couple of times to make sure we have the whole routine down and it is easily reproducible!
Chris and Daniel will be making an announcement about the meeting sometime between today and tomorrow!
Saturday Testing for Design Day will occur today at 2pm in the Senior Lab!
Daniel, Julian, and I fixed the car last night, so now we have a belt that won't break!
1. Testing on Saturday @2 PM in Senior Lab.
2. Testing in Great Hall May 7th (Time: TBA)
3. Actual Run May 8th (meet in Senior Lab @2PM)
4. Final Paper Due May 16 (Samples in Google Drive)
5. Propulsion/Stopping Leaders, please research basic battery/Iodine Clock reaction and come up with list of metals, reagents, chemicals, materials that are needed. Send me the or Daniel the list, so we can order chemicals by the end of the semester.
Belt has snapped! Testing is postponed until further notice. Daniel and I will try to get it done this afternoon. Testing will have to take place extensively prior to the Design Day.
1. Meeting today for integration testing at 4:30pm in the Senior Lab!
2. Get the ChemE-Car app to have all these features at your fingertip!
3. Meeting Wednesday 5:30 PM in Maryland 104.
4. Fill out the MANDATORY survey by Wednesday @5:00 PM
5. Each team should have their sub-team reports due by the last week of final exams!
1. Testing on Tuesday 4:30 PM in Senior Lab.
2. Meeting Wednesday 5:30 PM in Maryland 104.
3. Fill out this MANDATORY survey by Wednesday @5:00 PM
4. Reminder to work on Final Paper.
Website currently under development!